Coronavirus (COVID-19) Operations
Dear Clients of the Bismarck Animal Clinic & Hospital:
In response to the developing coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to inform you of the precautions that The Bismarck Animal Clinic & Hospital is taking and also some changes in protocol and policy that you will be seeing within the next week. It is our top priority to provide the high standard of care that your pet deserves. Also be ensured that while we want to continue this care, we also want to make sure that we are keeping the safety of our doctors, staff, clients, and pets at the forefront. During this time, the Hospital will remain open and fully functional, keeping our regular business hours. We will also continue to provide After Hours Emergency Services to those that are in need of them. In accordance to recommendations provided by the CDC and the AVMA guidelines, we have included some of the protocol changes that we will be making. These protocols will help reduce the exposure between people and keep it to a minimum. Please be advised that the protocol changes that we are implementing below will remain in effect until further notice. Also, we thank you for your patience as we navigate our way through this situation. We want to take every precaution that we can to protect our staff, clients, and patients alike.
If you have an upcoming scheduled appointment with us, we ask that any clients that are exhibiting symptoms such as coughing, fever, or flu/cold-like symptoms within the last 14 days to reschedule. Also, if you have recently traveled or been in contact with or have had contact with someone who has been exposed or tested positive within the last 14 days to please reschedule. If you pet is ill and needs to be seen, we ask that you have a friend from outside the household that is not showing symptoms bring the pet. Please contact our office with any questions.
Starting Monday March 23, 2020, we will be implementing a car-side service. For the safety of our staff and clients we will not be allowing anyone other than employees into the building. Please make preparations for this service when you have a scheduled appointment. In an effort to minimize exposure, we ask that you please respect the 6 foot social distancing recommendations with our staff.
- When showing up for your appointment, please stay in your car. Call the clinic (701-222-8255) to let us know by phone that you have arrived. If you do not have a cell phone, please call us prior to leaving your home and alert us to what make, model, and color of vehicle you drive. This will help us keep an eye out for you. Please do not leave your car once arriving at the hospital.
- Once you have let us know that you are in our parking lot, you will either be transferred to another staff member or a staff member will call you to discuss your pet’s health and the plan for care or treatment over the phone with you. Please be aware that during the entirety of your appointment, you may be contacted by an unknown or blocked phone number to discuss your pet’s care.
- Our staff will then meet you at your car to get your pet and will bring them into the hospital for their doctor examination. We ask that you stay in your car at this time and wait.
- Once the exam is complete, a team member will then call to discuss recommendations and treatment for your pet.
- Once care has been completed, a team member will call to collect payment and your pet will then be returned to you at your vehicle. We will continue to take checks, cash, credit card, and care credit as payment.
During this time, any food or prescriptions that have been called in and requested will be handled in a similar manner. Our staff will request payment over the phone and we will bring it out the car for you once you have alerted us that you have arrived.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in the situation. If you have further questions, please contact the clinic or reference the CDC website at www.cdc.gov. As we move forward and are updated further, we will keep you updated with any changes as well.
The Bismarck Animal Clinic & Hospital